25.6.13

favorite summer drugstore beauty products

favorite summer drugstore beauty products

favorite summer drugstore beauty products by legitfashion featuring a pink nail polish

Hey y'all, just pretend I'm a ghost right now because I haven't officially gotten into my whole summer blogging mojo yet, but I wanted to share this with you.  I guess its kind of the beginning of it, but we'll see.  I got a new job so I will be able to go on the computer a lot and work on the blog in between projects and stuff so hopefully that means more time dedicated to LF.  Anyways, I wanted to share with you my favorite drugstore beauty products for the summer.  Before you go all crazy on me and say.... "I only see two nail polishes on there and.... a Naked smoothie??? Caroline, what is wrong with you?"  Let me clear the air!  These are my before the beauty beauty products that I find a necessity for summertime!

Face - Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and Oil Control Moisturizer.  No matter morning or night, I always wash my face with two pumps of the Oil Control Foam Wash... It has seriously helped my skin improve so much and I believe its my way of keeping my skin clear-- I can't go a day without it, without feeling gross!  And even though I don't apply it everyday since I'm not always in need of a moisturizer (I have really oily skin), I always apply the Oil Control Moisturizer if I'm not wearing my cover up (it has 30 SPF) or if I know I'm going to need that extra protection from the sun... Also, sometimes my skin gets randomly really dry so I apply it day and night when that happens!
Another product that I'm obsessed with for the hot summer months is any kind of facial blotting sheets.    The Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens have made me really happy!  The green tea is probably just really good for your skin, plus the sheets do a really good job at taking away all that extra, gross oil!

Hair - I have recently discovered the most random hair masque ever from Target and I am obsessed with it.  I apply the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque about two to three times a week since my hair is really, really dry (especially on the ends).  First I do my normal shampoo and conditioner (that changes every time I buy a new set since my hair is so moody) then I apply the masque as directed on the tub and when I come out of the shower its literally perfection.  Both after blow drying and air drying, my hair feels so luscious and soft, I can't ever stop touching.  One thing I do love though is that if I air dry it, my hair looks like I just got back from the beach on a really good beach hair day!

Skin - First of all, you will all soon find out that I am absolutely obsessed with anything and everything lavender right now!  I cannot get enough of its lovely scent.  Even though the bottle says its for babies, the Johnson Johnson lavender bedtime/calming lotion is the loveliest, lightest lotion ever.  I love applying it right after I shave my legs and you'd be surprised about how its actually really calming!  I already knew that lavender has that effect on the body, but when you lather it up everywhere... you actually get really relaxed!  Its great!! Also, any lotion is good to put on after the sun to lock in your tan!

Nails - Essie Essie Essie, we all love Essie polishes.  Though known as the pricier of the drugstore polishes, Essie is definitely work the extra $3.  My favorites for the summer are Geranium and East Hampton Cottage (I think I've posted about this one like 3 times!).  You can't go wrong with a spicy red or a feminine pink for the summer.... seriously, two colors you need in your collection!

Body - As important as it is to take care and beautify the outside of your body is, it is just as important (or even more important) to beautify the inside!  Every morning I try to have green smoothie.... having it be homemade or store bought, I think its a really important start to a day especially in the summer months!  Packed with lots of leafy greens, antioxidants, yummy fruits and tons of vitamins and minerals, a green smoothie is the way to go every morning in my book!  Yes, sometimes its great to have an egg and bacon, but if you're like me during the summer, I like to feel as light as possible during the day so I save the heavier foods for the evening.  During the morning and afternoons, a smoothie or light salad (anything with greens!) is the way to go... at least in my book!  And if you're not one to make your own creation, store bought variations are always available but I love researching new recipes!


Do you use any of the products I just talked about?  Let me know in the comments below, I really do love hearing from y'all!

Keep posted for some more summer bloggin'
I'm really trying to get my mojo back!

Love y'all!
C

No comments: