2.7.13

renovation // 1


So y'all, yet another trial run posts about the new look around here!  I'd still love to hear what you think so feel free to leave a comment below.  These posts called "renovation" are all about my inspiration for my room at my parent's house in LA and my house in Savannah.  From photos of rooms that I feel totally inspired by, to individual piece of furniture or accessories, this little category is all about my ideal living space.  Eventually I will include photographs of my actual rooms but you'll just have to wait!


If you can't tell from my Pinterest, I am seriously more than "quite obsessed" with living spaces right now.  Maybe it's because I'm in the process of moving into a new place or maybe I'm just a little weird, but I have been feeling so inspired by home decorating.  Like, it is actually a little weird.... But anyways right now, just like my style tastes, I am loving white.  Anything and everything white with lots of pops of vibrant colors... pinks, turquoise, yellow, orangey red, black... 


In addition to white + pops of color, I've been really drawn to industrial, wire chairs and accessories.  I'm not sure why, but every wire chair I see-- I want!  I think they are so fun and different but totally versatile, that like I need one!  I also love them because in like five years when I'm tired of a certain color or are in the process of redecorating, it will really easy to spray paint the chair the new color since the actual chair structure is versatile (like I already said!)


Even though the chairs already kind of fall into this category, I'm also really obsessed with eclectic decor.  I'm loving the look everything-goes-but-like-it-doesn't.  Am I making sense?  I'm the kind of person who goes to the store and likes certain pieces individually and creates my own look out of all the individual pieces.  Since I am, in fact, the same person every time I get new things, they all kind of go to together, but each is a little different.  Like in the picture on the right, above, there are cute little antique glass vases but then there is like a super cool, vibrate rug.  True the rug gives off the antique vibe, but I could totally see it in a modern home as well.

I hope you're liking my new way to doing the blog.  Seriously, I'd love to hear feedback-- facebook, twitter, comments-- I really love hearing from y'all.

Happy Tuesday!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the decor, love the new design. I kinda miss your blogroll though you had so many great ones up there! I get where you're going with the more clean, streamlined thing though.
Love ya!
xo
K

Caroline Artime said...

Thanks Katie, I'll consider putting it back up! :)